Dr. Jonathan Gassett is dedicated to providing rational thought and open discussion on ongoing and emerging conservation issues in order to ensure that current and future generations are provided with hunting, fishing, trapping, and other outdoor opportunities.
In my almost 20 years as a wildlife professional, I have learned a few things:
- As far as critters go, just when you think you have them figured out…you don’t.
- Never forget who you work for…or who you work with…or those that work for you.
- When dealing with the public, expect the unexpected…always.
- Trust often takes years to earn, but takes only seconds to lose.
- Lawsuits are like chicken pox…everyone gets them, they annoy you, but then they go away.
- Jobs come and go, but the passion of the dedicated wildlife professional never dies.
- Trappers are the true woodsmen. They make an animal with a home range of 3 miles put its foot in a circle of inches.
- Sportsmen and women are the true conservationists.
I developed this site hoping to provide a benefit for the men and women of conservation: those that found it unacceptable that wild things could cease to exist; those that gave their hearts, souls, bodies, and even their lives so that we may have wild things; and those that paid the bills along the way.